Avg Session Time
Rounds of Treatments
3 to 12
3 to 4 Months
PRP Hair Restoration
in West Palm Beach
Our platelet-rich plasma therapy is an advanced non-surgical medical procedure designed to restore your hair long-term naturally. It’s an affordable alternative to hair surgery. In our office we use high volume, purified and concentrated PRP plasma that has been proven to be effective to treat many types of hair loss. Our trained practitioners inject PRP into your scalp in order to activate dormant, damaged and weakened hair follicles. Growth factors found within PRP work to regenerate the scalp tissue and restore hair growth. PRP Therapy is done over the course of a few months for best results.
To find out if PRP will work for YOU call us today and request your consultation (561) 220-0463.
Before & After Case Studies
Male Patient After 4 PRP Treatments
Female Patient After 6 PRP Treatments
Female Patient After 2 PRP Treatments
Request Your Consultation
Avoid Hair Surgery with Growth Factor Hair Restoration Treatments
PRP Hair Restoration is the Answer!
PRP (and its variants GFC and PRF) is a proven non-surgical therapy for hair follicles regeneration used as a stand-alone treatment or as part of a hair restoration program. This method is ideal for men and women who wish to take regenerative and preventative hair loss measures.
Hair thinning and loss is a serious cosmetic issue for a lot of people, both men and women. It can impact your confidence and make you appear older than you really are. If you have considered a medical treatment for your hair loss, Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy should be your first therapy option. Our clinic uses this non-invasive procedure for both men and women, and the results are truly amazing.
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost of hair restoration with PRP therapy varies from patient to patient. The number of sessions a patient needs will be based on the amount of hair loss, age of the patient and the hair loss type. Typically a patient receives three to six PRP therapy sessions that are spaced one month apart. Some patients opt in into further preventative treatments a few times per year. In some cases PRP therapy is combined with other treatment modalities for the best outcomes. Please refer to our Fees page for price ranges.
The science of PRP
Hair Restoration in West Palm Beach. How does it work?
PRP Therapy works by utilizing growth factors within the platelets and other blood components. Growth factors, cytokines and chemokines found in the PRP preparation assist in the modulation of inflammation and in the resolution of regenerative processes within follicles, allowing follicles to physically regenerate their normal size and function and produce thicker and healthier hair strands. The platelets release growth factors within the injection site activating stem cells, which helps stimulate the follicles and the surrounding scalp tissue, blood vessels and capillaries. The scalp tissue and follicles receive the proper nourishment and increased blood flow thanks to PRP. One of the rarely mentioned benefits of PRP is the increased suppleness of the scalp, which releases the pressure from the follicles. PRP therapy is far more effective than stand alone products/pills (which work indirectly by reducing DHT production or increasing blood flow) because growth factors directly signal to regenerate the tissue from the damage caused by inflammation, oxidative damage, vitamin deficiency, and traction or pulling.
It’s important to note that PRP has already been used effectively and safely in many medical fields. These fields include, but are not limited to, Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Medical Aesthetics, Cosmetic Surgery, Oral Surgery, and Neurosurgery.
3 to 4-fold concentrated platelets when injected into the scalp optimally target the Dermal Papilla, which is a component of the hair follicle. The platelets also promote healing as well as the formation of new cell growth. In addition, the platelets accelerate the rate and degree of regeneration, meaning you can expect to see results in a timely manner. PRP is an ideal component of hair restoration because it is highly effective in stimulating inactive hair follicles, causing them to revert to the growth phase.
Below is a list of the specific components within PRP that cause hair growth:
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF) — promotes blood vessel growth, cell replication, and skin formation.
- Transforming Growth-Factor-Beta (TGF-b) — promotes growth of matrix between cells and bone metabolism.
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) — promotes blood vessel formation.
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) — promotes cell growth and differentiation, blood vessel formation, and collagen formation.
- Fibroblast Growth Factor-2 (FGF-2) — promotes growth of specialized cells and blood vessel formation.
- Insulin-Growth Factor (IGF) — a regulator of normal physiology in nearly every type of cell in the body.
Scientific studies widely discuss the PRP hair restoration technique. They prove it is an all-natural, safe, and non-invasive procedure that has been found to stimulate the growth of hair and to reduce the effects of thinning in patients with various types of alopecia including androgenetic alopecia, alopecia areata, traction alopecia, etc.
- If our clinician determines that you are the right candidate for the PRP, you will be scheduled for the PRP Hair Therapy. This is also the time to ask more questions about the procedure and sign your PRP consent form.
- You will be seated in our comfortable treatment chair. A small amount of your blood will be drawn and placed into the FDA cleared device. In most cases we will use several devices to prepare around 20ml 3-4x concentrated PRP to inject around the entire scalp.
- Our state-of-the-art PRP centrifuge will spin the blood sample so that PRP can be separated from the rest of the blood. Once the centrifugation process is complete, the vital growth proteins from your blood are ready to be injected into the scalp.
- Next, our PRP practitioner will apply the topical anesthesia and inject your scalp with the platelet-rich plasma (PRP). The PRP stimulates the follicles, repairs the scalp tissue and ensures that hair loss is stopped and the regenerative process can begin.
- For the desired results, our patients receive PRP therapy monthly for three to six months. This not only ensures that the hair follicles remain stimulated but also that the hair growth is progressing as it should be.
In most cases, no, insurance won’t cover your hair loss treatments or consultations for treatment. It’s because they are considered a cosmetic treatment by insurance, and hair loss doesn’t really affect your daily activities like a medical injury or illness does. However, you might be surprised how inexpensive some non-invasive hair rejuvenation treatments can be. Talk to a hair loss specialist about what options are right for you that will work within your budget.
Human blood contains mesenchymal stem cells and autologous blood products. PRP Therapy works by restoring growth factors found in the blood. These elements are essential to regenerating scalp tissue. Once the scalp tissue is regenerated, the hair follicles can begin hair growth.
Some people may experience a mild discomfort during the injection, which only lasts during the injection itself and quickly subsides. Thanks to our protocols all of our patients that we treat tolerate the injections well and have zero downtime. There are at least 4 pain reduction options that we offer, and they can be combined.
Due to the abundance of growth factors that work directly within the tissue, properly prepared and injected PRP is many times more effective than any OTC products, topical products, lasers and pills, which means you will save your time and money getting the results you want in a timely manner. Highly concentrated PRP (1 platelets per microliter) has a honey color (our clinic), while normal plasma has yellowish color (most other clinics).
We can customize the PRP hair loss treatment by:
- Using multiple PRP kits as needed for more platelet concentration and volume, which is found effective for more advanced hair loss and alopecia areata
- Prescribing necessary hair vitality vitamins and topical products
- Adding Mesotherapy with Dutasteride — an Rx DHT blocking therapy.
- Using Functional Medicine to help combat the root cause of the hair loss.
For best results, consistency is key. Treatments are typically performed once a month for the first three to six months, depending on the individual patient’s response and results. Following this protocol, anticipated results can first be seen within two to three months.
The first result that patients usually note is decreased hair shedding, followed by early regrowth and increased density and length of hair. The general consensus is that receiving a treatment every three to six months on a long-term basis are optimal for long term follicle and scalp health.
It’s important to keep in mind that PRP can, and should, be a part of a multifaceted program to treat hair thinning and loss. Our hair specialists may prescribe you vitamins, minoxidil or finasteride to help promote hair regrowth.
PRP Therapy is a great option for many men and women that are looking to restore their confidence and to regain a lush head of hair. The best candidates for PRP treatment are those with mild to moderate hair loss. Good candidates include those with androgenetic alopecia, traction alopecia and alopecia areata, as well as patients with hair loss caused by chemo therapy, stress and other imbalances.
Before getting PRP Therapy, it is important to conduct hair loss diagnostics to find what treatment option is best for you.